Create An Elegant Entry Way In Your Home
Consider that when people step into your home, the first impression they get is your foyer. Whether you are redecorating or planning a brand new home, consider these steps you can take to make your entry way elegant while still giving it a charming and warm look.
The Furnishings - Remember that simplicity is elegance!
- One beautiful look is to have a long, slender table along the wall. If you select that, the addition of an occasional chair or two across from the table will not only be beautiful, but it will offer guests a place to sit if they're not staying for a long visit.
- Another idea is to have a shorter decorative table with an elegant chair on either side of it. This is especially nice if your entry way is narrow.
- For one-of-a-kind pieces, consider going to estate sales, antique stores, or thrift shops. In addition, custom-made furniture can be more affordable than you might expect.
The Decor - Whether you have chosen a modern or traditional look, your personality should show in each of your selections.
- Home decor with a modern feeling might include a fabulous large, black-and-white photograph held in a bold and colorful frame. Art deco lamps and modern sculptures would add a wonderful feeling to the room too. Another idea is to frame your children's or your grandchildren's art work, using more than one mat that would draw out the colors in the picture.
- With a traditional look, you can have the fun of blending antiques with traditional pieces. Do you love the city? If so, a dramatic touch would be a framed scene from Paris, London, New York or one of your other favorite cities. Consider placing beautiful boxes of different sizes on the entry table, and add elegant candle holders on each end.
- If you're going with an old-fashioned country feeling, a great selection is a pastoral scene in a heavy gold frame. The table would look charming with a basket full of different colors of silk flowers and figurines of your favorite farm animals or birds nestled by the flowers.
Complete the elegant look with gorgeous glass windows on either side of the doorway. Select glass with an etched design in it, or custom glass that has brass or silver details as part of the design. If you want to have something that will beautifully set off the entire area, select the look of Tiffany glass windows. There are so many designs that it will be hard for you to make a choice! You can go with the simplicity of a modern and dramatic layout, a floral assembly, angels, birds, or a design that you have created yourself. One of the benefits of having Tiffany glass windows is that they don't show fingerprints and soil as much as regular windows do. Modern custom glass windows are very well made, so you can enjoy them for many years to come. Work with a custom glass company, such as Wildwood Glass Company Inc, to find the windows that fit best with your foyer.